Updated: Jul 17, 2021
Sitting idly in your bean bag and thinking about moving heaven and earth by your hard work and taking pride in it, is not going to make you land anywhere. Procrastination is a termite, which is slowly eating the instinct of hard work, compassion towards work, and perseverance within us. But in spite of knowing all this, we usually fail to put ourselves to work by overcoming the urge to stall. Therefore being an angel in disguise, here are some ways in which you can overcome procrastination:
1. Make a to-do list for all the work that you have planned for the day.
2. Recognize the reason, why you are delaying your task, and then overcome the hurdle.
3. There is no right mood or the right time for anything, just take up the job and do it.
4. You can always reward yourself if you are able to complete all the desired work. That will help you stay motivated.
5. Peer pressure always works. Ask someone to keep an eye on you, so that you avoid stalling.
6. Minimize distractions while working, especially social media.
Things like these will not only make you productive but you will also feel motivated and energetic towards everything throughout the day. Always keep one thing in mind before procrastinating, if you put off everything till you're sure of it, you'll never get anything done.